1. All goods must be checked by the Customer at the time of delivery - as the signature of a consignment note without endorsement may constitute acceptance.
2. In the event that the customer is not satisfied with the goods, but the goods are not defective within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 [as amended], the company reserves the return of the goods in their absolute discretion.
3. Products like single-use instruments, sterile, used for internal examinations, which can get contaminated if taken out of the packaging, specially ordered in items, made to your specification, autoclaves, fridge/freezers, cold chain items, pharmaceuticals cannot under any circumstances be returned except to rectify a picking error.
4. Manufacturers will charge a re-stocking fee of 25-50% if a specially ordered item is returned. We reserve the right to pass on this charge to you. All non-stocked items will be only accepted back if the manufacturer will agree to restock that item.
5. If goods are accepted for return, acceptance is subject to the customer accepting and pursuing the following procedure and conditions:
A. Goods are not supplied on a sale or return basis.
B. The customer must inform by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and advise the reason for their dissatisfaction no later than 7 days from the date of delivery. The intention to seek a return of the goods must be confirmed in writing to the Company.
C. The Company will provide a Returns Note which must be used to accompany the goods.
D. Goods must be returned in their original condition and packaging and must be accompanied by a copy of the returns form.
E. If it is an error of the customer, it is their responsibility to organise the return. This can be arranged via The Company appointed couriers at cost of £13.50 + VAT from an address in the UK mainland.
F. Items which are stock items may or may not be credited at the companies’ discretion, but under no circumstances will credit be given on non-stock items, e.g. furniture, fridges, bags, lighting and other large equipment unless agreed by The Company and the suppliers.
G. Items which are stock items may or may not be credited at the companies’ discretion, but under no circumstances will credit be given on non-stock items, e.g. furniture, fridges, bags, lighting and other large equipment unless agreed by The Company and the suppliers.
H. Under no circumstances will goods be accepted for return if they are damaged, subject to improper handling or abuse, have been partly opened or used or the seals and labels have been removed or tampered with.
I. If any Goods are returned, the Goods must be unused and in original packaging and fit for resale.
J. The Company accepts no responsibility for goods lost or damaged during returned transit.
K. Goods requiring temperature-controlled storage must be returned in accordance with MHRA guidelines within 24 hours of delivery and must have been stored correctly whilst on the Customer's premises.
L. Pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceuticals Goods (other than those requiring temperature-controlled storage) must be returned within 5 days of delivery.
6. Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case we will do our best to offer you a similar alternative. We may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may, therefore, offer to supply a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. Where applicable, you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.
7. All sizes and measurements are approximate, but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible. Images on the website may not necessarily represent the exact specifications of the product described. Items made to Customer's own specification or have been specifically ordered will not be accepted for return unless faulty. The manufacturer may offer to repair or replace the item at their own discretion in accordance with their terms and conditions. Unless agreed with supplier such returns are subject to any charges and transit costs imposed by suppliers.
8. Items made to Customer's own specification or have been specifically ordered will not be accepted for return unless faulty. The manufacturer may offer to repair or replace the item at their own discretion in accordance with their terms and conditions. Unless agreed with supplier such returns are subject to any charges and transit costs imposed by suppliers.
9. Equipment is supplied in its original packaging as received from the manufacturer. The equipment is not tested by The Company to ensure whether it is fit for purpose or in working order.
10. When a fault is reported, we will request the manufacturer to investigate, repair or replace the product. This will depend on warranty conditions and the Terms and Conditions applied by the manufacturer.
11. The Company will not take responsibility for any consequential loss due to malfunctioning equipment.
12. No replacements are available whilst goods are exchanged, replaced or repaired.
13. Goods will not be acceptable for return if they have been relabelled or used in any way, or if any tamper evident seals have been broken.
14. The Company shall not, in any event, be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage, being loss or damage which does not directly and naturally flow from the supply or goods or materials, including without limitation loss of profits, of use, overhead costs, collateral damage or of contracts arising out of the supply or failure of supply of goods or services by the Company [other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company] and whether arising from the breach of contract, negligence or for any other liability howsoever arising, whether by statute or otherwise.
15. In all other cases [being cases of direct and natural losses or damage] it is specifically provided and agreed that the compensation and damages payable under any claim or claims arising out of the contract between the parties under whatsoever pretext shall not under any circumstances amount in aggregate to more than the contract price of the goods forming the subject of the claim or claims. No liability for such direct losses or damage shall attach to the Company unless details of such losses are notified to the Company in writing within 7 days of the date of delivery of the goods, or the date of the event giving rise to such loss if it’s not apparent on the date of delivery. In cases of alleged non-delivery, it is a condition of acceptance of any claim that claims are notified to the Company within 30 days of the anticipated delivery date so that appropriate action can be pursued by the Company.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this agreement shall confer on any third party may benefit or the right to enforce any terms of this agreement.
Non-Faulty Returned Goods
1. Goods are not supplied on a sale or return basis.
2. Returns of non-faulty goods will only be accepted at the sole discretion of and with the prior written permission of the Company. Permission must be obtained within 24 hours from time of delivery. In the event that permission is given then the Customer will be refunded in full. Where the Company agrees to the return of non-faulty Goods, such items must be returned in the following time frame:
- Goods requiring temperature-controlled storage must be returned in accordance with MHRA guidelines within 24 hours of delivery and must have been stored correctly whilst on the Customer's premises.
- Pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceuticals Goods (other than those requiring temperature-controlled storage) must be returned within 5 days of delivery.
3. If any non-faulty Goods are returned, they must be unused, in original packaging, they must not be relabelled, tamper evident seals must be intact, and the Goods must be fit for sale.
4. The cost of carriage of non-faulty returned Goods accepted by the Company is the responsibility of the Customer. The Company shall be entitled to impose a handling charge at a rate of 25% on net invoice value or a minimum handling charge of £15.00 for all cancellations, amendments and non-faulty returned Goods.
5. Any Goods returned must be accompanied by a return note, which the Company will supply to the Customer upon request. Failure to do so will render any claim for credit null and void. Any credit will only be raised after satisfactorily passing inspection by the Company's distribution centre.
6. The Company reserves the right to request photographic evidence.
7. The Company accepts no responsibility for Goods whilst in transit back to the Company.
Recall of Goods
8. In the event that the Company should deem a recall of any Goods to be appropriate, the Customer shall, upon notification from the Company (which may be made verbally and subsequently confirmed in writing), render all reasonable assistance as may be requested by the Company and, in particular, shall:
9. return to the Company all of the Goods covered by the recall (the "Affected Goods"), and
10. advise the Company (as far as practicable) in writing of the Customers of all Affected Goods already sold by the Customer.
11. The Company shall be responsible for the reasonable cost of collection of Affected Goods from the Customer and shall make the necessary arrangements for the collection of the Affected Goods.
12. In the event that the Company is unable to return to replace the Affected Goods within a reasonable period after such recall, the Company shall supply to the Customer a credit note to the value of all Affected Goods so retained by the Company.